Who we are
Amanda is the Founder and Managing Director of Amanda Bolt Associates. She has over 15 years’ experience in the City of London. During the last 11 years she has worked in the specialist area of investor relations within UK corporate broking at Schroder Securities, Citigroup (Schroder Salomon Smith Barney) and most recently Evolution Securities.
Amanda has worked with management teams across all sectors and market capitalisations. She is extremely well placed to work with management on both the IR/Communications side of business and with small business managers on general business issues. She has also been a member of various committees of the UK Investor Relations Society.
At Citigroup Amanda worked within the UK corporate broking department as an investor relations specialist. This involved advising FTSE100 and FTSE 250 companies on their strategic IR programmes. It was in this role that Amanda worked very closely with in-house IR professionals, giving her a very thorough understanding of
- what the in-house IR role entails
- how investor relations fits into the wider communications arena
- what a company expects from their investment bank advisers/brokers
Amanda was appointed as Head of Investor Relations at Evolution Beeson Gregory (now Evolution Securities) in 2004. This involved responsibility for building an investor relations team and providing strategic IR advice to the management teams of small and mid-cap companies. Amanda achieved this by
- developing a specific IR product for corporate management teams, with a strong customer focus
- developing and deploying within the firm various systems and technologies to improve and measure performance of IR
- market awareness of suppliers to the communications/IR industry
- hiring of IR personnel
- raising the profile of the investor relations offering/expertise within the firm and externally
- creation of marketing/business development materials
When Evolution created a dedicated corporate broking department Amanda was appointed an Associate Director, continuing to offer strategic IR advice to UK corporate client management teams on both a deal and non-deal basis. This also increased her contacts with the UK fund management community. This makes Amanda well placed to understand what a fund manager wishes to see from a corporate management team and their presentation.
Amanda Bolt Associates Limited was founded by Amanda Bolt in September 2010.
Amanda graduated with a BA(Hons) in French, German & International Marketing.